Please follow the following guidelines for the submission of your abstract.
Abstract can be submitted by email:
EXTENDED ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Participation in AARSE 2018 is open to all individuals interested in or working in the fields of earth observation and geo-information sciences in Africa. For all sub-themes, papers for oral presentation, discussion, and poster sessions are invited.
Extended abstracts received by the deadline will be considered for program placement under the standard peer review process. Late extended abstracts cannot be accepted due to the large number of submissions and short review schedule. Authors should indicate the sub-theme under which their papers fall.
The AARSE 2018 Scientific Committee (SC) will organize all accepted abstracts into either oral or interactive poster sessions based upon their potential contribution to the conference and the composition of high-quality sessions.
Only accepted papers that are registered and presented at the conference in Alexandria will be published in the conference proceedings (CD-ROM) and will be considered for peer-reviewed publication in a dedicated international journal.
Extended Abstract Submission Instructions
Thank you for your interest in submitting an extended abstract.
- It is vital that you include the title of the paper and the name(s) and address of the author(s) including emails, at the top of your extended abstract.
- Your paper must be original work and must be written in English.
- Extended abstracts should state clearly and concisely the problem, the methodology used and central conclusions.
- Extended abstracts should be written in such a way that the reviewers can quickly make an informed decision about the suitability of the paper for presentation at the conference. Explain clearly the objectives of the paper and its scientific and/or technical significance in 500 to 1000 words, with not more than two (2) pages inclusive of figures and graphs.
- The maximum page limit for all extended abstracts is two single-sided pages. Please use Calibri, 11 point, 1.12 line spacing.
- A maximum of two extended abstracts may be submitted by each presenting author.
- Extended Abstract submission will open from 15 March 2018 and close on 15th August 2018. Papers will be published either as a refereed conference proceeding or special journals issues
- All Extended abstracts must be submitted during this period through the online Abstract Submission page provided on www.aarse2018.org. Please follow the instructions provided therein.
- Email submissions will not be accepted.
- Extended abstracts should be prepared in advance using a word processor before accessing the website. The text can then be either cut and pasted into the appropriate section of the extended abstract submission page or saved in pdf format before uploading to the extended abstract submission page.
- During the extended abstract submission process, you will be asked to select a principal thematic area and an alternate thematic area for your abstract. If your extended abstract does not fall within the AARSE 2018 scientific themes and operational topics, you may select “other” and then enter the title of this other topic in the box labeled “Specify Other”.
- Please clearly mark in the abstract submission form whether you want to present your work orally or in the format of a poster.
- All scientific and technical topics are described in the Conference Technical Program page. Please familiarize yourself with them before submitting you’re extended abstract.
Questions regarding extended abstract submission should be e-mailed
The acceptance/rejection of submitted abstracts will be based on the review results.
Acceptance/rejection letters will be sent via email only and not later than 1st September, 2018
SOLICITATION OF FULL PAPERS FOR ORAL AND POSTER PRESENTATION (Of Accepted Extended Abstracts)
- If your extended abstract is accepted, you will be required to submit a full paper of a maximum of eight (8) pages inclusive of figures and graphs in Word and PDF format.
- The deadline for the submission of extended abstracts is 15th August, 2018, for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Papers will be published either as a refereed conference proceeding or special journals issues
- Please consult the Paper Kit available for download on www.aarse2018.org for instructions on how to prepare your extended abstract.
- Full registration and payment of conference fees are required for inclusion of the paper in the Technical Program and Conference Proceedings.
Key-note presentations of 30 minutes will be given in plenary sessions. There will be no discussion during these sessions. However, those who give a lead paper for a specific theme are encouraged to take part in the subsequent thematic session. Oral presentations in the technical/ scientific sessions must not exceed 20 minutes. For the discussion sessions on operational topics lead presentations of 20 min. including questions, and short presentations of 5 minutes followed by 50 minutes discussion time are planned.
Poster Presentations (120cm * 80cm)
Poster Preparation and Material to be used
The poster session code corresponding to your paper ID will be posted at the top of the board. Authors must use the board with this number when setting up their posters. Posters will be mounted on 80 cm (width) x 120 cm (height) plastic boards – portrait format only. It is requested to use a substantial paper sheet (instead of thin cardboard) as posters must be mounted with scotch tape, and not with drawing pins.
Mounting of Posters and Display
Posters must be mounted by authors on the assigned board (indicated by a tag showing your paper code) in advance of the dedicated poster session (to be confirmed). Removal of posters must also be done by authors according to instructions by the LOC.
At least one of the authors is required to attend their poster during scheduled poster sessions to answer questions from the attendees. Photocopies or high-quality copies made from the reduced photograph of your poster and additional material may be distributed by the author(s) at the poster site.
PUBLICATION OF EXTENDED ABSTRACTS AND PROCEEDINGS
A printed book with all AARSE 2018 accepted extended abstracts and a CD-ROM containing all full papers received by 15th September, 2018, will be distributed to registered attendees at the registration desk.
Only papers that are presented at the conference by one of the listed authors registered for the conference, either orally or in the format of a poster, will appear in the proceedings. AARSE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution if the paper is not presented at the conference.
Authors who wish to have their paper considered for publication in a peer-reviewed international journal may indicate so on the submission form. Outstanding papers will be considered for publication in topical international journals.